I recently installed 2 programs on my computer to check my heat and I found that my AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor was running around 59C/62C Degrees. I then purchased a Zalman CNPS9500 High Performance CPU Cooler, and just to be on the safe side, some Arctic Silver. After applying the thermal paste and installing the new unit, I see that the temperature has only gone down to 49C/50C Degrees. I am at a loss for what to do, after having spent almost 70.00 on a new fan that only cooled my processor down by 10C/12C degrees.

Should I be running any cooler than that? Or is that temperature alright.

Motherboard: Asus A8N32-SLI DELUXE
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 (Dual Core)
Fan: Zalman CNP9500 High Performance Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler
RAM: 2x 1GB sticks (400MHz, PC3200)

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

assuming you have your heatsink seated on the processor correctly, I'd say you're fine.

that temperature isn't necessarily going to end your processor or anything, and the fact that a new fan dropped your temp 10/12 degrees is actually quite good.

try another program to check your temp and see if they come out different.

i tried Speedfan, Core Temp, and checked it through the Bios. The temp is the same, so I'm guessing everything is ok?

If i wanted to cool it down more, how would i do that?

switch the an expensive water cooling system if you want it cooler, but don't get your expectations and hopes too high.

that temp is fine

general rule is 40-65 is ok

Remember The Dual Core Processors Generate alot of heat. and Yeah the Expensive water cooling system wouldnt do too much unless the room you are in is well cooled also. My room gets alot of heat cause it is an old back room with no insulation so the water cooling doesnt help all that much. From what I can see due to the change in temp that its fine. If its overclocked it will be alot hotter also. Make sure to leave it stock if you notice rising temps.

i don't mess around with overclocking. I would probably mess up my system doing it. if i want it to run faster, I'll just upgrade :P

Thats good To Hear :) But make sure theres some good airflow throughout your casing and the dust is cleared away from most of your Components :) hope it all helps but yeah unless your PC starts freezing dont be worried at all :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.