this is my first post and im in a real bind,

so i got this alienware computer from a friend and heres there issuse, when i try to boot up the computer it powers on (fans, MB, Drives) but wont do anything else , and it makes this sound from the internal speaker that sounds like "This Computer is dead" .... the person said they had the HDD fail and needed to get another, but im looking for any help possible here

thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Its always good to Test out Different Components such as RAM or Video card and also your Hard Drive to at least get a Post Screen. My PC Currently has a black screen no booting up or beeps so I am sure my Motherboard was damaged from Faulty PSU.

and it makes this sound from the internal speaker that sounds like "This Computer is dead"

think you could record that sound please ,as i have never hear the sound of a dead computer before! .lol

.... the person said they had the HDD fail and needed to get another, but im looking for any help possible here,thanks

when you turn on the computer does anything show on the monitor ,no hard drive needed to show boot screen when you turn on the computer ,so if you are not getting a boot screen you have a real problems .try opening the case and remove all add in cards,if any , except the video card . if you have 2 sticks of ram remove one ,un plug cdrom drives .try compute again

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.