I opened up my pc to add a second hard drive and when i plugged it back in i noticed the power indicator light on the front was blinking faintly. I pushed the power button and nothing happened. When I opened the pc back up i heard a ticking coming from the power supply. What did i do?? Did my power supply just coincedentally decide to die when i added the new hard drive? does it matter which plug from the power supply goes to which hard drive?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

RUN IT'S A BOMB lol..... power down the pc remove the power supply clean the fan, remove any build of dust, do this when it cools down. when you reconnect ensure the connections are tight. you could very well be looking at getting a new power supply. if the HDD is demanding more that the PSU can give to it and the other devices.

And no it should not matter which power plug goes to the hard drive (if it fits lol)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.