Hi All

I have a problem with my Imac. It's an intel based machine with Tiger running on it. Just recently when i put in a cd to copy files onto and burn it keeps telling the file is too big and not enough room on the cd. The file is only 30mb ! I have tried apples own copying software and also discblaze as well gets same result. tried different makes of cd as well. Reads CD's and DVD's all ok just problem when trying to write. Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Is the cd blank?

yes it is. I have tried using the disk utility to check and repair disk permissions but to no avail. It all goes ok until i click on burn then i get a message telling me that there is to much to copy on to the CD and to delete some files. But when i tried this again last night the file was only 3.8mb and this was a brand new disk of a make i have used for a long time.

I'm afraid I haven't had much experience with macs yet, but if the cd drive is removable try using it in another machine in case its a hardware problem

unfortunately its built in to the imac all in one so not easy to get out at all.

Is the cd blank?

Make sure the discs are the -r variety.
Boot with the OS Disc and launch Disk Utility and run File and Disk checks. Failing that try something like Toast for the Mac.

Hi All

I have a problem with my Imac. It's an intel based machine with Tiger running on it. Just recently when i put in a cd to copy files onto and burn it keeps telling the file is too big and not enough room on the cd. The file is only 30mb ! I have tried apples own copying software and also discblaze as well gets same result. tried different makes of cd as well. Reads CD's and DVD's all ok just problem when trying to write. Any suggestions?

Try creating a new user account and see if the problem is still there. If not, then you have a corrupt profile.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.