Video players

1. VLC Media Player - VLC is a cross-platform and open source multimedia player for Mac OSX.

2. Perian - Perian is another open source video player for that are based on multi-platform form of FFmpeg project.

3. Mac Media player - Mac media player provided all the basic functions like subtitle options, adjustable audio and video settings.

1. GOM Player - GOM player is a versatile media player that is easy to use and have a nice user-interface

Word Processing Software

1. Microsoft Office - It is the most popular and well know software suite for Mac that includes excel, word, power point etc. software.

2. Bean - Bean is a small, easy-to-use word processor that is designed to make writing convenient, efficient and comfortable. Bean is lean, fast and uncluttered.

3. Mellel - Mellel is a word processor for writers, scholars.

Presentation

1. Keynote - Keynote is a presentation apps from Apple Inc. and used for creating 2D and 3D charts.

Data Recovery

1. TestDisk - Free data recovery app for Mac

2. Stellar Phoenix Mac Data Recovery Software - Used to recover the lost or deleted files from Mac OS X internal and external hard drive.

3. EaseUS Mac data recovery - Software that recovers deleted data from Mac OS.

4. Mini Tool Mac data recovery - Another data recovery app for Mac OS X.

Mac optimization Software

1. Onyx - Free optimize my Mac tool

2. Speedup Mac - Another free Mac cleaner software

3. Appcleaner - Removes unwanted apps for free

AntiVirus Mac

1. AVG for Mac - Give free scan to locate viruses & malwares

2. Sophos - Scans Macintosh HD and external drives for malicious threats

3. ClamXav - Another free Mac AVsoftware

VMWare for Mac

1. VMWare Fusion for Mac - Run Windows on Mac without booting to another drive

2. Parallels for Mac - Run Windows on Mac parallely. No boot into Windows required.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

You missed Libre Office for office applications (word processing, spreadsheets, etc) which is available for the Mac - and free/open source as well!

Please make contributions in this thread for the apps not mentioned above.

XRG - gives you a little floating window with graphs of CPU, network disk etc usage in real time. I use it all the time because I have a lousy internet connection and so I want to keep an eye on it.

Plex. World's best media center/hub/server

• Net Spot - Only professional app for wireless site survey, Wi-Fi analysis and troubleshooting on Mac OS X
  • ZTerm - ZTerm is a terminal emulation program for the Macintosh.
  • VirtualBox - Neither Parallels nor VMWare are free. VirtualBox IS free, and while perhaps not as richly featured as the other two, is the basis for both Vagrant and boot2docker.
  • SequelPro - Free, excellent MySQL database management tool
  • Homebrew - aka "The missing package manager for OS X"

Microsoft OneNote. Great note taking software, and synchs seamlessly between platforms (Windows, Windows Phone, Mac, Android, probably iOS as well).

LibreOffice or OpenOffice both are absent here

Hi friends is there any way to remove virus from my macbook pro. Acuttly last night i have downloaded a software. But i dont what this was. When, i have try to installed then, my system goes to be hanged. no any other option are working. So tell me what i can do. Can restor my macbook pro operaing System.

After using Pandora for a couple of days, I have ended up being very impressed with it. It is very fast with finding recoverable files and when you click on what you want brought back, it restores the file and sends it back to your hard drive within seconds.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.