hi,

i have windows 98 os, dsl internet connection and i use internet explorer version 6.0 as my browser and since yesterday, i start having problems with accessing certain websites (2-4 out of maybe 15 that i used to go everyday). i even checked these 'unavailable' websites on another computer (using dial-up) and these pages loaded correctly.

when i checked the 'connections' tab in 'internet options', all the 'boxes in LAN settings are unchecked. should i check one of these boxes? by the way, i haven't make any changes in the 'connections' tab. i would be very grateful if anyone can help me here.

i even format my computer but i still have the same problem. does it have something to do with firewall (zone alarm) or norton (restricting internet access)?

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by mikeandike22

another thing i'd check is your cookies, that probably won't work, but never too bad to delete old cookies and temp internet files. after that, I would suggest disabling your firewalls and accessing the webpages again. Or it could be you just happen to be hitting those webpages at a time where the traffic is too high, and it can't support all the users...thats always an option...(but doubtful) who knows, try those and hope it works for ya!!! :)

Certain spyware/adware can also cause this, as well as a couple of trojans.

Update your anti-virus software & run a full scan. Handle anything it finds.

Then download AdAware, check for updates, run it and remove anything it finds.

also after running ad-aware and spybot S&D then download hijackthis from softpedia scan and then post your log in the security forum.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.