The problem is still happening though; when I click on a thread I noticed that the CPU goes up to 100% and apparently that is why I can't scroll anything because the CPU is busy. It stays at around 100% for several seconds while loading something; that's why I suspect the ads; the threads shouldn't use all that CPU to load should they? Anyway, I don't think this should be normal but I wonder if adding more memory would help?

Yes adding more memory will help. I doubt it is the ads that cause the issue it sounds more like an issue with project playlist in and of itself. I am by no means an expert on the mechanics of project playlist and trying to find out about it is like hunting for a needle in a haystack. However, if you say the issue only occurs when you use project playlist then you might conder posing your question to the project playlist folks.

"Project Playlist is an information location tool and social networking website that provides users with an integrated set of services to (i) enable users to locate music files hosted on websites controlled by third parties for promotional or other legal purposes, (ii) stream those legally posted music files using the Project Playlist music player (the “Player”) so the music can be heard, (iii) create hyperlinks to legally posted music files discovered by the user and add those hyperlinks to the Project Playlist search index, (iv) create and publish a series of such hyperlinks to form playlists on a member’s webpage, (v) share those playlists with friends and browse other members playlists on other members’ web pages by embedding the Player in other webpages, where permitted, (vi) purchase music found using the Project Playlist search engine or browsing other members playlists, (vii) obtain current information about new song releases from music blogs, (viii) obtain current information on the popularity of songs as measured by frequency of appearance on other members’ playlists, and (ix) network with other members through a variety of social networking and communications tools. All the foregoing features accessed through www.projectplaylist.com and such additional features as may be developed and added from time to time to www.projectplaylist.com are hereafter referred to as the “Service.” You also understand and agree that the Service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for Project Playlist to provide the Service. You also understand and agree that the Service may include certain communications from Project Playlist (such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Project Playlist Newsletter), that these communications are part of Project Playlist membership, and that you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new feature that augments or enhances the current Service, including the release of new Project Playlist features, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Service is provided "AS-IS" and that Project Playlist assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Service, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Service."

No it's dani web because it happens even when project playlist is not running; I just checked. Although I can see how it would make the problem worse. Projectplaylist works with no lag; only this site has problems; well also party poker.

Even when I scroll down to the bottom or back up to the top of the thread my CPU usage goes up to 100%. I don't understand how this could be a memory issue because my memory is not maxed out?

Even when I scroll down to the bottom or back up to the top of the thread my CPU usage goes up to 100%. I don't understand how this could be a memory issue because my memory is not maxed out?

No surprise there. If I scroll up and down I can see IE hitting 40%. I've got dual CPUs at 2GHz so that makes your 100% at 1.5 GHz single CPU more or less in scale.

Well maybe it's just time for another computer lol I priced the memory on ebay and I did see at least one buy-it-now for 512 mb of the same type of memory for $40; so I'll probably try that. I suppose I should mark this thread as solved. lol

Gppd luck. I suppose I would risk the equivalent of $40 on ebay - make sure that you know how many RAM sticks are in the offered 512MB so that you can assess what you're gonna end up with. The CPU usage problem won't go away though except in paging cases that are solved by the RAM that you add.

Gppd luck. I suppose I would risk the equivalent of $40 on ebay - make sure that you know how many RAM sticks are in the offered 512MB so that you can assess what you're gonna end up with. The CPU usage problem won't go away though except in paging cases that are solved by the RAM that you add.

That's what I suspect but it will probably help with some games I want to play. I'm hoping my cpu is fast enough for Halo 2; it runs on xbox so I suspect it is, but I better check requirements. Also I think I have the rest of the hardware to play World of Warcraft, except the memory. I know I'm taking a risk on ebay but I am assuming if I pick a seller with a good reputation they will take the memory back if it is DOA; otherwise it should work, especially if I buy the same brand that's in it now.

Great I just read something that said Halo 2 would only be released for Vista! I hate Microsoft. lol

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.