Hi pals i have this virus that once doubled clicked it disables some features in my start menu such that i cannot run the task manager ,i also cannot access the control panel and when i restart my comp i get a message box with details of somekind of advert or announcement.

it is only when i click on ok then the windows interface appears,i tend to think it is a virus that also attaches itself to windows logon file. please help me out since everytime it infects the comp the only solution i have is to format and reinstall windows xp again

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Suspishio

as i understand u r problem started after a virus detected into u r pc ,i hope u r c drive is nw installed with windows xp, u also said that after formatting c drive u r problem is not solved, but the problems related to virus on a perticular drive should be solved or removed while formatting and reinstalling,so try to format completelly the c drive and install an orginal version of operating system,then one more thing make shure u r boot sequence setings r also currect.

Not sure I completely understood what vigneshvh was trying to tell you - but reading between his commas, he was probably supporting your own conclusion.

Rather than dick around with your PC (you could try an antivirus program such as Spybot and/or AVG which you'll need to download but your PC is in a crap state), you should boot up withthe Windows CD, reformat your hard drive and reinstall Windows.

Then make sure you have both Spybot and AVG protecting you.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.