AMD Sempron 2600
512 mb mem
20gig HD (OS) Master
250gig HD (storage) Slave
Sony DVDRW Single
Hauppauge 150 PVR MCE
PNY Gforce 5200

System works great, plays DVD's w/ Power DVD
Network, MP3 playback, Divx playback.. all works outside of Media Center.

In Media Center, DVD playback has video freeze. I can get out of it, it's not a system lockup.
TV playback froze up on me once as well, but I can't replicate that now.

Happens on all DVD movies (tried 6)
They all play outside of MEdia Center.

All updates installed, freshly built system. Ran though a 24 hour burn in with no issues.

Any ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

3 weeks, over 100 views.. and nobody posts a thing.
Is this that difficult an issue, do I not have enough information, has no one come across anything remotely similar?

3 weeks, over 100 views.. and nobody posts a thing.
Is this that difficult an issue, do I not have enough information, has no one come across anything remotely similar?

Have you had any success in resolving this issue ?

Im seeing exactley the same -- but I am using NVIDIA codecs. Works fine out of MCE, DVD playback freezes in MCE.

I have not had any problems with TV/record/playback etc that all works really well.

Hello i have never used media center so sorry i cant offer any suggestions but have either of you searched google for a media center forum ,oops looks what happens when one does ,
http://www.google.ca/search?q=media+center+help+forum+&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Thanks -- I appreciate your insight.

I am already a member of GreenButton etc...but I noticed the post here from "chaosmstr" and simply wondered if he had an update.

Not too many folk have seen the issue -- although there is another post in "HardForum.com" on the same theme.

Regards

- Dave

ok,good luck.
I'm working on cleaning viruses from a winxp media center edition ,right now ,belongs to my sister ,i will in a bit go to the media center and play dvd and see what if anything happens and let you know ,all will have a look around the net .

back allready ,i just put a dvd in and to my amazement my sister never setup here media edition to play dvd ,i was prompter to select things like my display type and display settings i would like to use ,like lcd reg or wide screen or reg monitor ,display settings like 1024x768 or what ever i wanted to use ,so my question would be did you and other poster ,make sure you made all the right media center Wizzard choices

I certainly did. The problem seems to be related to the realtek audio drivers. I am playing around with different versions -- but it definatly seems to be the source of the problem

Regards

- Dave

i know why you were not getting any response. you were not specific, as to what type of freeze up you are getting, sure DVD playback freezes, but describe the freeze, is it the video, is it the sound, are video and sound out of sync, (audio not keeping up with video) video freezes and sound continue to play?. are you using an onboard sound card or a pci card.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.