I have a Dell laptop, Win2000, Linksys router, wireless card. All have worked and connected perfectly from January until Saturday, Dec 8. I ran a full virus scan on Dec 7. It found a couple things, fixed them, and I went on like normal. I played online for a little bit, then turned it off on Friday. On Saturday, when I went to startup, I got an error: Regsvr32 Loadlibrary (c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\rgnihadw.dll") failed, Access denied.

I went in search of the rgnihadw.dll file and couldn't find it. It was in quarantine. So, I put it back where it was. Still couldn't connect.

Spent 8 hours online with Linksys trying to figure out if it was a router problem. Bought a new wireless card, to see if that was it. Called my ISP. I even called Dell, even though I bought the computer off ebay. I even connected directly to the cable modem and still couldn't connect.

Weirdly enough, I can see the network. I can see the other computers in our home, connect to them. I can see other networks in our neighborhood.

Throughout all of this, all other wireless computers in our home are FINE! Just *my* computer. I have no idea what happened, or what to do. None of the people I talked with knew what to do.

I would greatly appreciate ANY assistance!

Missy

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hello Yssimp

I have heard of this similar problem before in some computers i have worked on in the past. It sounds like a spyware problem to me. I would grab the program Spybot Search an Destory. You can find it in the tech section of MSN. Get the updates and run the program, Let me know what comes up and good luck.

Ill Check back later
Best regards
Tim

Actually, I was just having a very similar problem on my Dell Laptop. I changed some setting and was running a scan, all of a sudden I lost connection to the internet but I was connected to the network and could access my other two computer's share folders. What happen for me apparently was my IP4 setting somehow got fixed and could not change. I had to let windows automatically find the IP4 settings or address, I can't remember which it called it. What version of windows do you have?

YssimP
Can you ping a web site such as www.google.com from the command window (DOS prompt)?

If you can, do as suggested in this forum http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread64411.html by Stein and download and install AVG.

After you have run the scan click on Analysis in the tool bar.
Click on the LSP Viewer tab.
Highlight the first entry on the right pane and information concerning the entry will appear on the left. Check to make sure the company name for the entries is Microsoft. If a company name other Microsoft appears then you may have an LSP issue that is causing you problems. If this is the case download LSPFIX http://cexx.org/lspfix.htm to repair the problem.

I have Windows 2000. I've done SpyBot, HJT, Adaware. I downloaded AVG and scanned.

HOLY CRAP! I just deleted the LSP's that AVG scanned....and I'm online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well thats great.

Best Regards
Tim

I have Windows 2000. I've done SpyBot, HJT, Adaware. I downloaded AVG and scanned.

HOLY CRAP! I just deleted the LSP's that AVG scanned....and I'm online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you are back online.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.