awhile ago, i was having this problem logging in to normal mode without explorer.exe running... jbennet ( http://www.daniweb.com/forums/member33110.html ) suggested me to run sfc /scannow and a scandisk to check my drive for errors... i did all those things but i worsen the situation... to see the whole thread:
http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread102213.html

for other viewers that are willing to help, here's more details on what happened just after jbennet suggested something that wouldnt work:

i had another hard drive installed with the same OS and it ran normally but if i chose to logon to my original OS, this is what it shows right after the bootscreen and before the logon screen:

"problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

if this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. if this screen apperars again, follow these steps:

check to be sure you have adequate disk space. if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for friver updates. try changing video adapters.

check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. if you need to use safe mode to disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select advanced start up options, and then select safe mode.

technical information

*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xc0000005, 0x8bb95123, 0x895379f4, 0x895376f0)"

what does this mean? its impossible that i have a hardware problem for i am running another OS in the same setup right now... just another hard disk... but when i view the old hard disk with the corrupted startup, i can see its files... damaged disk is not a possibility too... any ideas? anyone?

check the other thread. I posted about how you can use the Vista DVD to access System Restore.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.