i need hlp i have my x box 360 hooked up to my computer and internet hooked up to my computer but cant get on x box live how can i get on says cant get ip

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You need a hub. Or router.

no u dont if you have two ports on your pc or you have interent through usb you can use these. I assume that your comp is connected to the internet if it is then go to control pannel then network and sharing center. Plug in your 360 and a new connection should appear probably local connection 1 or something. Get up the properties tab on the connection with the internet (not the 360) and then go to the sharing tab. Click share this internet connection and select the local area connection that your xbox is on.

Then on the xbox internet properties select ip protcol 4 and make sure obtain ip and dns automatically are ticked.

You now need to make both connections part of a private network so they can share stuff. Next to each connection there should be a link saying customize click on it and then change it to private on both.

It should now work let me know if you have problems!!!

i need hlp i have my x box 360 hooked up to my computer and internet hooked up to my computer but cant get on x box live how can i get on says cant get ip

You can't use Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) with your 360 with Vista.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/connecttolive/xbox360/connectionmethods/windowsics.htm

"Xbox Live access through Windows ICS works only with the Windows XP, Windows Me, Windows 2000 Professional, and Windows 98SE operating systems."

yes u can i am just because microsoft doesnt support it doesnt mean it wont work

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.