My PC sort of crashed, I reloaded it and then my speakers don't work. I looked at device manager, and it shows it in hardware but doesn't show it in the audio tab. It just shows "none" in the tab. I have tried everything short of taking a shotgun to the screen, but I am pretty close to that. Can anyone please help? The audio that was working before was Realtek AC'97 and now nothing works.

I appreciate any help.
Thanks,
C

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

have you tried to delete the sound card from device management, and reinstall it?

I don't have a clue how to do that, and I don't have an external card. I have looked at device manager and looked at the drivers and it says that they aren't functioning properly. I deleted the drivers, downloaded the drivers again, and it still says the same thing. It also won't register that the soundcard is there if I look at audio options on programs such as messenger. Any other suggestions?

Also, I was looking at this other guys suggestion, "If the motherboard has integrated video, disable it in BIOS first. If youre running XP, uninstall the onboard sound, then go back into BIOS and disable it. Then reinstall the drivers for the new sound card"

Do you recommend doing that? I don't really know how to do it, but it seems easy enough.

if youre running XP, uninstall the onboard sound, then go back into BIOS and disable it. Then reinstall the drivers for the new sound card"

Do you have a new soundcard? If not, this solution will only make things worse for you.

I have looked at device manager and looked at the drivers and it says that they aren't functioning properly.

What details are there? Is there a resource conflict or does it say that the drivers arren't properly installed?

Regards Niek

All it says is that they are installed but not functioning properly. Also, I don't have a new soundcard, just the one that came with the computer when I initially bought it. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.