I am want to know the difference of window xp vs. vista.Please discuss of the difference of window xp vs vista . About the difference of register,algorithm,data structure,skeduler and a good or bad of each windown.Thank u for detail.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

This question has been asked many times and the detail is all posted in past threads.

In order to be helpful, though, I'd simply say this (rather than go into the square root of everything you've listed) - Vista is as good as XP for standard Microsoft applications. Many third party applications (particularly Adobe) are useless on Vista unless they are the latest version.

Yes, its the same thing as the 98 vs XP debate.

Back then everyone hated XP as it needed loads of system requirements, was different, and nothing ran on it - but in the long run XP proved to be the best

In a few years vista will be like that. It just takes time for manufactuers to write new stuff and for people to adapt

Yes, its the same thing as the 98 vs XP debate.

Back then everyone hated XP as it needed loads of system requirements, was different, and nothing ran on it - but in the long run XP proved to be the best

In a few years vista will be like that. It just takes time for manufactuers to write new stuff and for people to adapt

well put.

well put.

Agree ,the GiniPig syndrome at work again

I used XP for 4 years and have been using Vista for almost a year. The registry seems to be the same. I had no learning curve here. The UI, if you have enough horsepower, is much more beautiful. Window switching is easier and the new gadget bar is cool and useful.

The folder structure is changed and organized more logically once you get used to it. So is the Control Panel. It is soemwhat confusing in spots because MS was forced to keep some XP compatiblity. You will see things like the My Documents folder but you can't access it. The new folder is Documents, the My Documents is there for backward compatibility. I have only two programs that I have running in XP compatiblity mode. I am not a game player so that may make a difference. I own a lot of software but it is productivity, business and utility in nature. Many vendors now have Vista compatible software.

My transition from XP to Vista was less expensive and smoother than my transition from 98 to XP (where I finally broke down and just bought another computer), the one from 95 to 98 and the one from DOS to 95.

Under the hood, Vista offeres more in the way of diagnostics, troubleshooting tools and generally, being able to manage your network. Software that has been written for Vists appears to be more feature rich and easier to use. But again , with the caution of once you get used to the differences. I would do it again, even as early as I did (April 2007).

Eileen

Why are we comparing Dinosaurs to Sharks again?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.