Xythan 0 Newbie Poster

I have been looking for a solution to my problem for almost two months now and nothing I've tried has worked. When I go to network connections in windows xp nothing shows up. However, I can still get on the internet, as I'm writing this question right now. If I do an ip config, both my onboard NIC and my wireless adapter show up (I am only connected wirelessly so I have media disconnected for the onboard) and give me the correct ip information. I have made sure all the proper services are running, I have checked to make sure that the TCP/IP components are installed, and I've gone through every step that the microsoft support site gives (I think there's 16 of them). Also, the LAN and Wireless icons don't show up in the systray portion of the taskbar, and when I go to the customization section of the task bar I can them in the list, but instead of the proper picture being displayed by its name it is a folder. Obviously this isn't a huge deal since I can still get an internet connection, but its really starting to bother me, especially since everything I've tried hasn't worked. Any suggestions? I really appreciate the help. Thanks in advance. Let me know if you need any more information.