Hey everyone !
I have a Windows XP home edition computer with 128 Ram.
When Windows opens up, an error message popps up that says....
IMVUQUALITYAGENT.EXE-application error The application failed to initialize properly
(0xc0150002)

I have tried everything I know to rid this computer of this error !!!
I have run SpyBot , HiJackthis, Superantispyware,AVG,Bootvis.msi, CCClearner, Easy cleaner,Rgistry Repair and even tried to re-download Service pack one from Microsoft, because thats what they said was the problem on thier web sight. There are no viruses or trogans according to all scans, now. I have even "restored" the computer back to 2 months ago.
There is a folder in my "program" folder called "IMVU". In that folder there is a tex document, something called a " IMVUQUALITYAGENT", and " msvcr80.dll".
Under "all programs" there is a choice of "START UP". Whne my cursor is put over the word "start up", it shows the word "IMVU". If I click on it, it just brings up the error message that is desribed above.
What should I do ? All and any help is much appreciated !!
I also run AVG and ZoneAlarm on this computer. It takes 5 minutes for the computer to completly load up and almost 3 minutes for it to shut down. I have put the program " MaxMem" on this computer to regulate and free up some memory but that sure hasn't sped this computer up any !
Help !

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Remove the entry from the startup folder.
You are in serious need of more memory.
Most people think 512 MB is the minimum for XP, and RAM is cheap nowadays.

Remove the entry from the startup folder.
You are in serious need of more memory.
Most people think 512 MB is the minimum for XP, and RAM is cheap nowadays.

I agree with hughv I would defiantly recommend additional memory at least another GB. I also looked at IMVU's website and it appears that AVG is triggering a false positive with IMVU's application and may have quarantine needed files. Take a look at their site for additional information. If you still plan on using IMVU I would add the application to your exceptions list or uninstall it if you no longer us the application. http://www.imvu.com/catalog/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=viewtopic.php&t=122907.

AJZ

I would recommend looking for RAM at this site:
http://www.crucial.com/
It is a very good site which has been running successfully for a couple of years now. Use there system scanner to identify what RAM your computer can support.

I would recommend looking for RAM at this site:
http://www.crucial.com/
It is a very good site which has been running successfully for a couple of years now. Use there system scanner to identify what RAM your computer can support.

Nice... that system scanner will come in very handy thanks Serunson!

Thank you everyone for all your help. I thought that IMVU was something important that my computer needed. I have deleted it from start up and from the computer. I will be shopping for alot of RAM to get this computer kickin !!! Thanks again Serunson, Zelkea, and Hughv for your kindness to "us" newwbie's !!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.