Request for tech help.
My computer uses Windows XP professional, when I use Internet Explorer 7, some web sites and pages appear blank although it appears they loaded okay as I receive a "done" at the bottom of the screen. Also I'm unable to download from nearly most all web sites. Some examples of the problem are; when logging on to Microsoft Windows Update web site it will appear blank or when using Mapquest I am unable to view the maps, only the text appears.

I'm using a ethernet connection, excellent high speed broadband connection. I'm frustrated, this problem has just developed over the last few months with my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop computer. I have Symantec security, scanned for viruses, spyware, etc, no indications of any problem in that area.

Advice to resolve this internet browser issue is appreciated. I did consult with a Dell tech and he indicated I would have to reload the entire operating system! I'm hopeful that there is a more practical approach to repairing this problem.
Thanks,

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Install Firefox browser and see if it will take you to the mentioned web pages .
www.firefox.com

What happens if you use Firefox or Opera? Being serious here...

Well, dammit, caper, you beat me this time.
... :)

What happens if you use Firefox or Opera? Being serious here...

I attempted to download firefox but unfortunately my browser (IE7) is not functioning as it should so the firefox download is a no go.

FF is a copy of Opera... try Opera. I do not use IE7 but perhaps a reinstallation of IE7 is called for. Or revert to IE6.
http://www.opera.com/download/

if you have any firewall turn them off and try loading the page again, as for the download you should get a yellow bar at the top of the browser below the toolbars and icons. click on it and choose download file. if that does not work use a download manager to get firefox and or opera. then try the web pages, if they open in firefox or opera i suggest you do a reinstall on IE7

FF is a copy of Opera... try Opera. I do not use IE7 but perhaps a reinstallation of IE7 is called for. Or revert to IE6.
http://www.opera.com/download/

I was able to download Opera, this new browser seems to work well.

Request for tech help.
My computer uses Windows XP professional, when I use Internet Explorer 7, some web sites and pages appear blank although it appears they loaded okay as I receive a "done" at the bottom of the screen. Also I'm unable to download from nearly most all web sites. Some examples of the problem are; when logging on to Microsoft Windows Update web site it will appear blank or when using Mapquest I am unable to view the maps, only the text appears.

I'm using a ethernet connection, excellent high speed broadband connection. I'm frustrated, this problem has just developed over the last few months with my Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop computer. I have Symantec security, scanned for viruses, spyware, etc, no indications of any problem in that area.

Advice to resolve this internet browser issue is appreciated. I did consult with a Dell tech and he indicated I would have to reload the entire operating system! I'm hopeful that there is a more practical approach to repairing this problem.
Thanks,

Solution found and I'm not even a qualified geek! Java the hut says,

Start/Run/
regsvr32 jscript.dll
OK

Start/Run/
regsvr32 vbscript.dll
OK

Signing off :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.