This is my first post to this forum. I have recently purchased the compaq presario V6409TU laptop.
When I wnat to reinstall windows xp professional (service pack -2)in it.I am not able to do so
some one told me to first disable SATA drive, then reinstall windows xp professional and after
installing windows again go to bios and make make SATA drive enable.I do this but when I again
make SATA enable a blue screen comes and laptop reboot again and again.I am not able to log to
windows when I made SATA drive enable,for log into the windows I have to made SATA drive disable.
Is there any way so I can take advantage of SATA drive enable.My laptop comes
with FREE DOS opersting system in it.Tell me the solutions of this problem.

Thanks in advance............

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

from what you are saying you can get windows xp to install fully with sata disabled .i find that strange ,but i have never loaded winxp on a laptop with sata drive, i thing you need to leave sata enabled ,but when you boot to winxp to install you have to f6 to load scsi or sata drivers ,usually from a floppy disk,you would obtain the sata controller drivers from the motherboard disk when doing this with a desktop computer .not sure if you have any disk with laptop,you may need to call compaq on this .

AFAIK, Windows XP installs very well on SATA drives, and never makes problems with SATA in general. Turn everything on, don't be afraid! Then boot from XP CD and install that thing. Everything should work!

AFAIK, Windows XP installs very well on SATA drives, and never makes problems with SATA in general. Turn everything on, don't be afraid! Then boot from XP CD and install that thing. Everything should work!

you may need to install sata drivers[f6] if it fail to install ,not recognize the hdd.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.