hi, i've been surfing around the internet for drivers, tips, help, etc for over a week now trying to get this fixed so far nothing.

I have two pcs here's the specs

PC#1
p.4 2.8ghz ht
asus p4p800-e deluxe mobo
msi geforce fx5900xt (driver atm is the latest 61.77 from nvidia, tried old drivers and msi ones, detonator stuff, refresh fixes, etc.)
1gig DDR
XP pro

pc#2
p3 1ghz
asus cusl2-c mobo
xp pro
geforce4 mx (same drivers as above)

problems is with the display, both pcs are really blurry and even at 85hz refresh it's still very blurry, 800x600-1024x768 resolution. monitor's I were changing and testing in between are Samsung 753 and AOC spectrum 7Glr.

i've tried changing AGP speeds 4x and 8x, opengl configs, -_- some of which i dunno what they do anymore. so far i'm stumpped i never had any resolution problems before then for some reason the screens just got blurrier. I'm not even sure if both the monitors are messed up now since a friend said that if i try to play with refresh rates beyond what the the monitor can handle i might get both monitors malfunctioning. -_-, been researching around the net and reading articles from past nvidia problems, alot of which were resolution problems and were resolved just by changing drivers or getting the fix etc.(didn't work for mine)

-_- my eyes hurt already typing this post up. if anyone can kindly give me a hand i'd appreciate it. oh yeah .... i brought the pcs to the store already it was also blurry on their screen but they kept saying it was ok, my friends saw the resolution and said that's it's really messed up.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

anyone care to give a shot at this? please

hi, i've been surfing around the internet for drivers, tips, help, etc for over a week now trying to get this fixed so far nothing. So far i'm stumped i never had any resolution problems before then for some reason the screens just got blurrier.

Blurring is not a vid-card problem. It sounds like a monitor problem. The focus has shifted over time (a common problem), and needs to be readjusted. It's not going to be cost-effective unless you do it yourself. I'm not sure if either of those monitors has externally-adjustable focus; I'm pretty sure that both monitors have dual focus controls.

Don't worry about refresh rates. both monitors can handle whatever you throw at them.

dual focus controls? i'm not really sure how to do this, but both monitors are about 3 years old.

Are you certain you've gotten the latest drivers associated with the display adapter in Windows? Did you check to make sure the versions changed when you installed the new driver? I think that could be a driver issue; I know on my Nvidia card I had to go and manually choose the new driver revision from the Update Hardware wizard even though I installed the software as directed and restarted the machine...aside from that I'd try to find a "known good" monitor and make sure that the issue isn't the monitors - which to me seems unlikely anyway.

yeah the 61.77 drivers are on both pcs. but still blurs out, now i notice that it blurrs out after awhile of turning the pcs on

The question is: Is the problem with the monitors or the video cards? You should first look up the specs for that card and make sure you're in the correct range for the card and do the same for the monitor. If you can get a card that doesn't use that driver maybe that would be a good test or alternatively find a monitor that you know display works properly with another card and try it with one of the problem GeForce cards. Once you figure out where the problem is you can narrow your research and hopefully find a solution.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.