hi all ,
i am gettin the error: unexpected error 0x8ffe2740 occured
actually i have already installed some software which works on iis platform. but when i m tryin to start(run) Default web Site(in websites) in IIS
can anybody help me out
its urgent
thnx

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

When you try to use Internet Information Services Manager (IIS Manager) to start a Web site, the Web site does not start, and you may receive the following error message:This behavior may occur if a port conflict exists on the system. By default, IIS uses port 80 for HTTP communication. If an application other than IIS is running and is using port 80 on the same IP address, you may receive the error message when you try to use IIS Manager to start the Web site. In IIS Manager, change the port bindings for the Web site to a port other than port 80.
Stop the application that is using port 80, and then start the Web site from IIS Manager.

If It Won't Work Mail Me Iwill Take care Of You..

i could not understand which one will use port 80.i am running only IIS and internet explorer.but still iam getting the same problem.can anyone solve this.its urgent thanks

Even i am also facing the same problem. i am running only IIS and internet explorer and getting the same problem. Pls help to solve this problem

This error happens when there is some other application which uses the same port 80.
Please see if skype is also running on the same machine. If so go to Skype tools - Options-Connections and uncheck the checkbox for "Use port 80 & 443 as alternatives for incoming connections".

Then restart the IIS. Hope this helps

Thanks
Pranay

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.