Has windows xp sp3 been released??

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

it was in my auto updates this morning

the last i heard it was recalled because of an error with Point Of Sales machines.(cash register)

its now back - its available via microsoft update to those who do NOT have the mirosoft EPoS software installed

Installed it this morning ,form Microsoft full download ,not the auto update. seems to have slowed things down ,but i do remember sp2 doing that too,thing I'll use it as a excuse to do a fresh install soon .

yeah i did a clean install

slipstreaming sp3 seems to be a bit broken, so i used my windows RTM cd, then did sp1, then sp3

yeah i did a clean install

slipstreaming sp3 seems to be a bit broken, so i used my windows RTM cd, then did sp1, then sp3

I slipped it into a orignal sp1 with sp2 winxp Pro ,will try it tomorrow

I shall do the full dl also.... or better still, get someone to burn a copy for me - I don't have the luxury of blinding speed. And I will hold it over for a full reinstallation; this one is building silly little errors. Lost desktop Search in explorer a few weeks ago [it still works from IE!?] and nothing I do will get it back, and now the little shutdown button has disappeared from my user login panel, and the software refuses to let me rebuild it. So I sense imminent death. Two years is too long by far, anyway.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.