Im running Virtual Machine95 on a XP machine.the xp machine has 1 gig ram 80gig Hard drive and a 2.0 ghz cpu.everytime the user uses the VM95 he gets the error massage out of memory error.I then need to restart the VM program. I did increase the ram size on the Virtual machine they recommend 256 mb,I made it the recommendation and also increased/decreased it. The file paging size I've also changed to different size's. The poblem happens so ones or twice a week.But its a small bugger that I would like to fix
Anyone with any other suggestions...
Thanks dani peeps

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

1) wtf is Virtual Machine95
2) if its an emulator, then your real pc needs to have enough ram to run xp (at least 384ish + the amount the emulated pc is using.)

you dont know what virtual machine is?lol...thats news.its almost like virtual server 2000/2003 where you can run the program that acts as a independant OS,but its actually "piggy backing" on the actual OS. witch in my case virtual machine95(windows 95) is "piggy backing" on windows xp(my real OS).I hope you understand...
ohk.So I had 512mb ram upgraded it to 1gig I thought that was going to be enough but looks like its not.anyway I thought that maby someone would be firmiliar with it. thanks anyways

Hello, am I correct assuming that you are using vmware player? This is the most common OS emulator on the market. If so, then you must be aware of some things; vmware player is the free version of their software suite, and lacks their "vmware tools" set. Having this vastly increases the emulation performance of windows based OS's. I would recommend either upgrading your copy or searching google for further options.

sounds fair and reasonable.also my apologies if my explination didnt sound firmiliar @ first. in SA they call hings sometimes diffrent to what you guys call it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.