i made a major mistake, i was trying to learn how to download software and i destroyed my computer. I downloaded an .iso of protools and unpacked it using 7zip and i did not make a disk i tried to install it from my hard drive and ever since i rebooted it, it doesn't load windows, as soon as it gets to the point of loading the sign in window it reboots. I put my hard drive into another computer and i can't acess "my documents" to back up my 80 gigs of media before i wipe the drive

If theres any way to fix it without wiping the drive, or at least get my media out that would be amazing

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

hi
have you tried chkdsk and windows repair with xp disk

if you are sure about wiping your disc and you want to recover your media you can try a nice easy to use program like "recover my files".

I have used it with great success.

it wont boot from the cd the checkdisk that would normaly run if that's the one your talking about trys to run but then it reboots

do i run this "recover my files" on a diferent computer cause my shit doesn't run and if so is it a winows program or do i have to download it

Not a quick job but if you put your hard drive in another machine already running windows you may be able to access your files.

Good luck

Not a quick job but if you put your hard drive in another machine already running windows you may be able to access your files.

Good luck

they tried that already,you need to try again but you need to try and take ownership of the folder with you shit in it .
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

forget about the file recovery program for now because you shit isn't lost yet

forget about the file recovery program for now because you shit isn't lost yet

sounds so funny reading.lol

anyway ElephantitiSack put your hard drive in another machine(by slaving it-note its not the master boot) and do a chkdsk that way

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.