Just recently began to have this problem, and i think it is related to my hard drive. First, started having issues with a new 500gb HD, it would occasionally not register sometimes upon startup. Usually, I would switch the sata cables around inside until i could startup and it would register. Just recently started getting an error message randomly saying something about a delayed write failed to that HD. So now, when i start it up, windows loads all the way and all my startup progs will load, i can click off of all the progs, except for everytime i minimize the ai booster, it locks up.

So, i would start up windows without touching the ai booster, and i could use the internet and everything. But, every time i would try to go to my computer, it would lock up. I tried going into add/remove to get rid of ai booster, but it fails to show any programs and just says loading list for forever. Also, one last thing is sometimes i would start up and norton would say something about the options are either corrupt or missing, so it loaded the default settings. Do i have some sort of virus, hardware problem, etc? Thanks for any help.

Specs:
Asus M2N-SLI mobo
1000W Cooler Master PS
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
2 300GB, 1 500GB seagate barracudas
4GB Patriot Extreme Performance
Windows XP SP2

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

no one can help me out here ? I just tried installing a new windows on a seperate partition. Everything was going fine until I started to install new anti-virus software. I rebooted, and it gets to the windows screen, and it shows the wallpaper but nothing else. Ctrl+Alt+del and try to run a new task in the task manager, and as soon as i click browse, it wont load. I can still move the mouse, but its pretty much locked up. Is my hard drive or drives corrupted ? anyone help please ?

thanks, but i cant even get into windows right now. i ordered a new HD and im gonna try reinstalling windows onto that, but is there anytthing else i can do ?

thanks, but i cant even get into windows right now. i ordered a new HD and im gonna try reinstalling windows onto that, but is there anytthing else i can do ?

use what ever computer you are using now maybe, to download and burn the image to disk ,windows doesn't need to work as the program works on its own at bootup

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.