Hi,

I obtained a legitimate copy of XP Pro through University as part of Microsoft's Academic Alliance. This came as an ISO and I successfully burnt it to CD. That CD works perfectly fine. However I formatted my old P4 which has 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA HDs that was originally setup with RAID 0. The problem came when I tried to install XP it claimed that it could not identify the HDs and so I figured I needed to load the SATA RAID Controller Drivers. However to do this I had to use a floppy disk drive which doesn't seem to work anymore. So I tried using nLite to create a copy of XP with the drivers included. Now these CDs wont boot I just get left at a "Boot from CD:" prompt (and no this is not the "press any key to boot from CD" prompt).

Any ideas on how I can; a) load the drivers without a floppy disk drive, or b) get the customised xp cd to work?

Contributors
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by novist4me

you may try borrowing a usb floppy if the one you are using is not working. just make sure the usb controllers and emulation is turned on

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.