Hi,

I obtained a legitimate copy of XP Pro through University as part of Microsoft's Academic Alliance. This came as an ISO and I successfully burnt it to CD. That CD works perfectly fine. However I formatted my old P4 which has 2 x Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 SATA HDs that was originally setup with RAID 0. The problem came when I tried to install XP it claimed that it could not identify the HDs and so I figured I needed to load the SATA RAID Controller Drivers. However to do this I had to use a floppy disk drive which doesn't seem to work anymore. So I tried using nLite to create a copy of XP with the drivers included. Now these CDs wont boot I just get left at a "Boot from CD:" prompt (and no this is not the "press any key to boot from CD" prompt).

Any ideas on how I can; a) load the drivers without a floppy disk drive, or b) get the customised xp cd to work?

Member Avatar for novist4me

you may try borrowing a usb floppy if the one you are using is not working. just make sure the usb controllers and emulation is turned on

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.