Hi !

I have DELL Latitude Csx , which ( unfortunately) has its cd rom and floppy drive external (detachable), thus not allowing me to boot from devices other than hard disk. This is because , it does not recognize any device until it starts loading windows ( win 2000 pro) . Is there a way I can use my cdrom or anything else to boot up :sad:?

Prakhar

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi !

I have DELL Latitude Csx , which ( unfortunately) has its cd rom and floppy drive external (detachable), thus not allowing me to boot from devices other than hard disk. This is because , it does not recognize any device until it starts loading windows ( win 2000 pro) . Is there a way I can use my cdrom or anything else to boot up :sad:?

Prakhar

just for giggles try holding down the c button while booting up, with a bootable disk in it

Hey guys, i need some help .

Hey guys, i need some help .

Try booting into the bios settings. hit del, or f1 or f2 as computer restarts (try all) look for boot sequence & see if it can be changed to external drives

Try booting into the bios settings. hit del, or f1 or f2 as computer restarts (try all) look for boot sequence & see if it can be changed to external drives

also try Esc. Backspace, tab. If non of those above dont work. If you need help let us know! :D

-T

I am trying to delete the partitions on my computer and I also need to use an external usb cd drive. If anyone knows a way to make an external drive work as a boot drive please let me know!

I am trying to delete the partitions on my computer and I also need to use an external usb cd drive. If anyone knows a way to make an external drive work as a boot drive please let me know!

way back in 05 it was harder than it is now ,you BIOS has options to change bood device,
if you computer is newer it may have a setting in the BIOS to pick usb boot device ,if so you need to pick usb cdrom

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.