I recently got myself a few old games that I wanted to play but they don't seem to like XP. I get errors about DOS and such, and I know that XP doesn't support DOS, but is there some sort of "emulator" or something that I can get so I can play these games?

Thanks muchly ;)

Recommended Answers

right click on the .EXE of the game and chose properties and then Compatibilty ,click on the link down the bottom to learn more about Compatibility

Jump to Post

All 4 Replies

right click on the .EXE of the game and chose properties and then Compatibilty ,click on the link down the bottom to learn more about Compatibility

Oh wow! I just had an article published about this a couple of days ago!

Here it is.

LOL I never even knew about that compatibility thingy! I actually found settings in there that let me play games that I wouldn't even have previously bothered trying! Thanks a lot caperjack.

I bookmarked your article, Catweazle! Its really useful.

Many thanks to both of you. Ever need a kidney, look no further.

Anyone out there having a real problem with The Dark Side of the Moon pc game; having no reply nor save game text? If you have a real solution please reply. Re-installing is not the answer nor are there any patchs, that I'm aware of at least! Thank you!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.