i have had problems with several computers with this problem lately. When connected to the internet i can ping a website but i cannot open it using any browser (IE or firefox). i have tried everything i know such as resetting the winsock and the tcpip but that doesnt seem to fix it. also there are no firewalls installed.

i would appreciate any help as i have been dealing with this problem for a while and they only way i have found to solve this problem is to reinstall the OS.

you might wanna try and disable any anti-virus if you have any installed just for troubleshooting sake. Try to open a safe website such www.google.com to see if it works. I think I remember something about windows liveone care blocking internet connections. Another thing that you might also wanna try is to flush the DNS using ipconfig. Run the command prompt as administrator and type "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes. Tell me if it works. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.