so i recently vacuumed all the dust out of my computer and cleaned a few parts with alcohol and q-tips. well after that a couple days later it shut down automatically and has not been putting video out put to the monitor. i know the monitor works cuz i plugged it into my laptop. all the fans work but when i turn it on the run very loudly and really high. also the video card is connected to the motherboard. i don't know what to do I've tried every thing.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The alcohol probably shorted something out. You have to wait until the alcohol is totally dry before turning things on again.

Also, the inside of a computer is static-electricity sensitive. A $100 chip can be ruined instantly by a small static discharge.

Try a new video card.

The alcohol probably shorted something out. You have to wait until the alcohol is totally dry before turning things on again.

Also, the inside of a computer is static-electricity sensitive. A $100 chip can be ruined instantly by a small static discharge.

Try a new video card.

Dont try a new card first, try the same card in another computer and if it aint working then try a new card. Make sure you have placed the fans nicely and properly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.