HELP when i turn on my computer there is no video output.
I think it boots up.
please help.

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Naturally enough, you could check the monitor with some other system. If it is not the monitor, then check the HDD lamp on the fron tpanel fro a lot of activity after the POST phase ompletes. No activity? ... then power off and swap RAM sticks. No RAM means no post and no video memory if you are using the IGP -graphics integrated on the MB..

you can try by removing your cmos memory from the motherboard for sometime then return it back

Have you tried fiddling with the graphis card if you have one. Check the monitor status on another system as already suggested and see what you get?

Raj

Ok. so i already tried switching my ram around. Only have those 2 pieces. My video card has no problem tried it already. Some people says that its my Harddrive. My MB has 4 sata slots but im using a pata hdd should i switch to a sata??

A bad hd of any type should not stop you seeing POST on the monitor [and it would report the bad hd as not detected]. I gues you tried just one RAM module as well...
Tried the IGP video output with no vid card installed? Do you hear the floppy give a jerk? Sys and CPU fans run? Check the 12V, 5V, 3.3V levels, and if you can locate it in your mainboard manual, the PG level [Power Good; high ie 5V is the Good level].
If none of those, then accept that mainboards do die too.

removing all RAM does it screem for attention?? do you have external graphics card if so remove and make use of the onboard.have a strong suspicious its RA. Whats the last actions before this started.

well i dont have onboard video. only expansion slots.
I dont know what to do now.
Im lost.
HELP!
Edit:
Whats RA?

I think he meant RAM not RA...quick typing makes u miss bits. He s too busy to notice minor faults like that trying to sort out the issues on here.

Raj

Im lost.
HELP!
Edit:
Whats RA?

Is it a home made computer or you purchased it ready made from a vendor?

Please give the complete configuration of your computer system.

Name of the following:

MB
RAM
Graphic Card

When was the last time you started to have this problem?
Try using another or a new monitor on this computer and if the new monitor works,than definitely your last monitor had some problem otherwise most probably it is a voltage or power issue. the VGA card in your motherboard is not properly communicating with the motherboard PCI slot.
Just remove this VGA card from the slot and just blow air in the slot and then reinsert it.
Sometimes the dust or any particle inside the slots cause interruption between the VGA card and the slot.

If still that doesnot do the job then contact the vendor and inform him about this problem.

Please note that sometimes it happens that certain monitors donot work on certain motherboards although they technically donot have any problem.

By the way when you are not geting any display on the screen of the monitor as soon as you turn on your computer so you cannot say that it could be either the issue of RAM,Hard Drive and other hardware device unless and until you get different beep sounds when you turn on the computer.

If you see the display on the screen ,the first thing you see is the configuration of your computer and if the RAM has problem or is causing the problem then it will show you error next to it.

Im lost.
HELP!
Edit:
Whats RA?

meant to say RAM beg you pardon for that.
anyways go through the following checklist and post reply
1.Is there power on the monitor(orange light on, on monitor)
2.did you try another monitor
3.try other RAM
4.Switch out external video card with a other known good one (preferably lower graphics)

do that for now hope to hear from you and hope to have some more time to conclude this prob
sharp till then

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.