The problem is that i was using the finger stuff on my hp but i tried to uninstall some programs while i was using it and when i restarted my laptop, the finger print stuff wasn't there to log on to my system so it requested a password. I have clicked on reset password but it tells me to insert a floppy disk or a flash drive. I inserted a flash drive but still it didn't reset the password. PLEASE WHAT DO I DO for me to use my laptop again without loosing any of the files on it. Please help, its very important

There are numerous password recovery tools that you can download from the internet like http://www.password-changer.com/. I haven't used this one before, but I never had to get into a Vista pc yet. You could also take the laptop to a local computer repair shop and they should be able to get into your PC for you pretty quick.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.