When I try to access anything on this website http://unforgottenrealms.net I get that error message sen in the title.

I get this wrror message

-----------Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.

To check your connection settings, click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Connections tab, click Settings. The settings should match those provided by your local area network (LAN) administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).
See if your Internet connection settings are being detected. You can set Microsoft Windows to examine your network and automatically discover network connection settings (if your network administrator has enabled this setting).
Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
On the Connections tab, click LAN Settings.
Select Automatically detect settings, and then click OK.
Some sites require 128-bit connection security. Click the Help menu and then click About Internet Explorer to determine what strength security you have installed.
If you are trying to reach a secure site, make sure your Security settings can support it. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options. On the Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section and check settings for SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, TLS 1.0, PCT 1.0.
Click the Back button to try another link.

Cannot find server or DNS Error
Internet Explorer---------

Is it just me or is eomthing wrong with that website? Can others get to it?

Thanks for the help

Celor

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

This is what I get;

Are your proxy settings correct? Is a proxy required to connect to the Internet? Have you tried disabling proxies? Check that the hostname, IP address and port number is correct.
Try enabling Synchronous DNS if it is disabled and disable it if it is enabled, in Opera's Network preferences.
Are you using Internet security software, such as ZoneAlarm or Norton Internet Security? Is this software properly configured? What happens if you disable this software?
Are you behind a firewall on your LAN?
Does other software work? Other browsers? E-mail clients? If not, this is not an Opera related problem.

If you are on a dialup connection, check the dialup properties for your connection and under Server types, make sure it is set to log on to the network.

I am not using Opera... I am using Internet Explorer but I cant access that site on Opera or any other web browsers either...

I can't get to it either, with IE or Firefox , Maybe not even such a site, have you ever been able to axcess that site .Fireox says site not found !!:)
this one works though .
http://unforgottenrealms.com/

Yes... I have been able to access it before... you think maybe it is just a server problem? like it is down or seomthing?

HiJackThis log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 11:56:37 AM, on 11/14/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
C:\Program Files\Efficient Networks\EnterNet 300\app\EnterNet.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$SOSHOME22\Binn\sqlservr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\EFFICI~1\ENTERN~1\app\pppoeservice.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\SPEEDD~1\nopdb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\NeverwinterNights\NWN\nwtoolset.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mspaint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\ChickenSlayer\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\RHF3B30Y\HijackThis[1].exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton SystemWorks\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Service Manager.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\sqlmangr.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger (HKLM)
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab

I have now tried to access that site in Opera, Mozilla, Internet Explorer and Netscape... I cannae get it to work!

I have now tried to access that site in Opera, Mozilla, Internet Explorer and Netscape... I cannae get it to work!

Must be that there server is down !
Your log look ok

I tried your page today and was redirected to another page, seems it has been moved:-http://www.ufrealms.net/, hope this helps.

I e-mailed teh web admins and he (or she not sure which) said that they were changing download sites... they all work now. :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.