Wasn't sure where to post this but here it goes...

Got a new computer, custom built, using a Gigabyte K8 Triton motherboard...this came with a integrated sound card....I installed all the drivers, even went online and downloaded them and installed them...

I restart my computer and my sound works, then I try playing a song, maybe on plays, and then halfway through the second my sound just stops working, completely, i either have to reinstall the drivers, or restart my computer to get it to work again. Any idea whats up?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I've had quite a few problems with onboard sound cards. Quite a few times I had one particular computer that the sound would quit working on and I'd reinstall the drivers and then it'd work again. After doing that for a few weeks a couple of times a week, it seems to have fixed itself and I haven't had any more issues with it.

On my home computer, I was constantly having crashes when using onboard sound. Once I bought a sound card for my computer and began using that instead, I stopped having the crashes.

One thing to think about, what program are you using to play the songs? Could it be causing the problems? Do you have the same problem when you use a different program?

I know none of this is really any help, but maybe you don't feel as alone?

I've had quite a few problems with onboard sound cards. Quite a few times I had one particular computer that the sound would quit working on and I'd reinstall the drivers and then it'd work again. After doing that for a few weeks a couple of times a week, it seems to have fixed itself and I haven't had any more issues with it.

On my home computer, I was constantly having crashes when using onboard sound. Once I bought a sound card for my computer and began using that instead, I stopped having the crashes.

One thing to think about, what program are you using to play the songs? Could it be causing the problems? Do you have the same problem when you use a different program?

I know none of this is really any help, but maybe you don't feel as alone?

Yeah, wow, I decided to keep trying to install the drivers and stuff, and it finally worked, have had sound with no problems for a couple days now...thanks bro

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.