I was told that Vista is less prone to internet virus compare to Windows. Any experiences that will correct me? I'm using vista for 2 months now, and I'm doing ok... and i still hope so in the future... thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi,

I was told that Vista is less prone to internet virus compare to Windows

First off, I don't know if this was a typo.
If it wasn't, then I'd like to point out that Vista is a version of Windows.

Any experiences that will correct me?

There are lesser infections seen on Vista machines these days, however, it is not completely foolproof. With enhanced features such as DEP(Data Execution Prevention; also seen in XP SP2) and UAC(User Account Control), malicious scripts which are unknowingly run can be blocked.

If you turn off these features, then Vista is just as prone to malware like XP.

It is best if you run a reputable antivirus and anti-spyware software each, and also keep them updated to prevent infections.

Hi,

First off, I don't know if this was a typo.
If it wasn't, then I'd like to point out that Vista is a version of Windows.

I'm sorry... I mean Windows XP.

and thanks for the advise. I really appreciate it! :) I don't want to keep on reformatting my personal notebook (as I'm doing with XP in the past), it's a complete waste of time especially if my brother is in need of it...

You're welcome :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.