I copied photos to desktop and now cnnot delete them. In fact, they are multiplying! I delete the icons and they deep coming back. Up to 11-12 copies to this point. Anyone know what is going on?
Jack

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you try just draging them to the recycle Bin? Where did you copy them from, a camera device or a flash drive? You might try disconnecting the camera or drive from the PC.

Have you try just draging them to the recycle Bin? Where did you copy them from, a camera device or a flash drive? You might try disconnecting the camera or drive from the PC.

Thanks for your suggestion, but I hjave tried that and the photo icons keep coming back. They were origianlly from my digital camera, but the camera is not connected to the computer. Origianlly they were copied to my desktop from "MY Pictures". And they were originally edited in "Microsoft Picture It". When I begin deleting the photo icons, it seems that more copies are generated which take the place of ones I delete? Any other suggestions?
Jack

Thanks for your suggestion, but I hjave tried that and the photo icons keep coming back. They were origianlly from my digital camera, but the camera is not connected to the computer. Origianlly they were copied to my desktop from "MY Pictures". And they were originally edited in "Microsoft Picture It". When I begin deleting the photo icons, it seems that more copies are generated which take the place of ones I delete? Any other suggestions?
Jack

Since I sent this last thread, it appears as though the problem is solved. I moved all shortcuts that I use to the "Un-used" desktop shortcut folder and then deleted all of the photo icons again. I also deleted the original photos that kept coming back from "My Pictures". This seems to have solved the problem. We'll see. Thanks for your help.
Jack

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.