I have an older Sony Vaio laptop (PCG-FX215) that I have watched many movies on, it will no longer playback DVDs. The Interactual player does not find a DVD player - DVD Decoder missing. I do not know what has happened. I do not remember downloading or deleting anything that would have caused this, but it is intirely possible that I did so in trying to clean up my hard drive. I also have kids that use this laptop as well so they may have even done something.

I am hoping someone out there can help me with this problem as I don't want to have to buy a new decoder, etc. I am hoping there is a way to restore this missing data. I am not very tech-savvy and am looking for your expertise.

Thanks,
Redrock

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have an older Sony Vaio laptop (PCG-FX215) that I have watched many movies on, it will no longer playback DVDs. The Interactual player does not find a DVD player - DVD Decoder missing. I do not know what has happened. I do not remember downloading or deleting anything that would have caused this, but it is intirely possible that I did so in trying to clean up my hard drive. I also have kids that use this laptop as well so they may have even done something.

I am hoping someone out there can help me with this problem as I don't want to have to buy a new decoder, etc. I am hoping there is a way to restore this missing data. I am not very tech-savvy and am looking for your expertise.

Thanks,
Redrock

do web searches on power DVD, look for cheapest price.
more than likely it may be nec to buy a copy

Thanks,
Redrock

http://download.gocyberlink.com/ftpdload/trial/PowerDVD6_trial_ENU.exe

Try that.

Dragonbssj, thank you for the link to the Cyberlink Power DVD player. I bought it and got the Burner too. I had the same problem as the original poster of this thread. After downloading the new player, my problem with InterActual changed from a "video" problem as stated above, to a "sound card" problem. I tried removing and re-installing the InterActual player to see if the issue cleared up, but it did not. In the Inter Actual player, I changed a setting which makes InterActual use the Cyberlink program automatically.

THANK YOU!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.