I got my old pc out of the closet,,lol reformated it, putting it in my race trailer,,,the problem im having is,when i open IE , sometime the pages open good,,other times ,i get a page that has a bunch of words on the page,nothing else,,if i refresh it,,its good,,,any help would be great!!!

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Could you describe the "bunch of words" a bit more clearly, or perhaps post a screenshot that depicts the problem for us?

Also- does this happen only on specific pages, or is it more of a random thing?

Here is what i get,,,,,,,,,,,ÓÌ4“ÿ#’í-pGžˆ1«k±/m{’OóÔ•Cäå^ìñªºt…’‘KÈâXf÷wvö*WT¥u÷ mP¡}ÆNö‘Ì1HT\»¡šUzÃr‰uö&OlÖÙ¸; wg"O3Û%ƒ’l¾|ûæ‹ÂˆFõ¿'lC|ý ^\`¹y¶…Š¹óa\µ·XCök÷¼[<C"®„f¡=vÇ*™PŽuh-ücôŠ%p»û]tÀ舀],S‰kaÖç åã‹nÒ0Æ%\WEQñ$ÆÄȳ°7ýþ@xÇ.g.<Œ¼8ü‰/òT2c‘‹CŸÕø‹A²N$½ÀB Y2¢'77àŸ{}Ÿ¦âCXk¬Š2y@J«›äÓ…ÿØÉnµZî§;ÆÀúé v«ÞŽ›ªÓ¥Õò¤k¬V2í2Ž½e®j×1äiêzsŽ-òìb0‚‹«ÑÕ`x}5¡Ò ‰cÓÈju«…¦äE1A«<¡Em˜ÿ¿^¿Èã[È„öˆFE5Œµšœ% HeŒ*«8sLßàkgj±j-ìF·-}áÖÞ_tÓa.€´¹vëï–RÇ#ÔœVk™b3óÆÞ®“ï)Œ\£kÛØÀ_=«¾Þ®K§Hr‰ãPÓCL=.s‹h h×ÖºÑdÊ‹Ë!\k ‘"$Ž…18p1‚mNI¬äñ-#¡®E‹Dfv7KþGäÃn=lk-a±θnÿ˜-Þ‰á’R_±Ë&…ëµ4 >5ÑŸ]êª.úviSNº~tíýš…‡ö Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8 ‹ÿVyoÛ6ÿÛò^ ,‹i’«M«Ó.šc¶»l@‚–hIDª$e×[û÷HÊŽí$:°y½û÷Žî“Ó«þèïë7Ù²€ë÷¯ß÷´)½9îSz::…¿ÎFïàit#¥Ém®$/(}sI€dÖV¯(fÑì8R:¥£ýâx=uIJmW(£Ä&¤·½Õõ“\3RXM à2eDÈp'x‚oZ]›ÛBôN¹ÌoĸKÃv{Ë]•ÂrTÛVmñ¹Î§Œ ÄD “ˆ•´BZFŽ:ð~ðŽQ+âÌòâv¢t]*ÅL‹ª˜GUVý’(¶Øïð²êHõ¹VV°§~W±ç/^8¥På{"ûAR{4¯ÄŠ\+¾Xêìë@œqm„eïGoÛ/ Pg¹g#y)I…š[…Xj=}]…°¹„ãè0:¾Ot+æ3¥³BSi•j^–¹L[y€üʪ¶B/ö«O2QT+/ÂÖy L]UJÛp;™Ç¼¸;š‰1$b* U•èßÀ„d]*Œ0BW8&Öyå^¬èøxq>ì»ãz°ˆ_;/y* -s;RJ' *hú]eÀè´àØœG“jÌ‹è“!½îˆï[ûC0KëMöwît·Fƒù½9ôºÚ•cïäI-c—ÇpqñGñäYì嘅ûð/¥áÔ€Ìr™¨ä¸äÓÌ4“ÿ#’í-pGžˆ1«k±/m{’OóÔ•Cäå^ìñªºt…’‘KÈâXf÷wvö*WT¥u÷ mP¡}ÆNö‘Ì1HT\»¡šUzÃr‰uö&OlÖÙ¸; wg"O3Û%ƒ’l¾|ûæ‹ÂˆFõ¿'lC|ý ^\`¹y¶…Š¹óa\µ·XCök÷¼[<C"®„f¡=vÇ*™PŽuh-ücôŠ%p»û]tÀ舀],S‰kaÖç åã‹nÒ0Æ%\WEQñ$ÆÄȳ°7ýþ@xÇ.g.<Œ¼8ü‰/òT2c‘‹CŸÕø‹A²N$½ÀB Y2¢'77àŸ{}Ÿ¦âCXk¬Š2y@J«›äÓ…ÿØÉnµZî§;ÆÀúé v«ÞŽ›ªÓ¥Õò¤k¬V2í2Ž½e®j×1äiêzsŽ-òìb0‚‹«ÑÕ`x}5¡Ò ‰cÓÈju«…¦äE1A«<¡Em˜ÿ¿^¿Èã[È„öˆFE5Œµšœ% HeŒ*«8sLßàkgj±j-ìF·-}áÖÞ_tÓa.€´¹vëï–RÇ#ÔœVk™b3óÆÞ®“ï)Œ\£kÛØÀ_=«¾Þ®K§Hr‰ãPÓCL=.s‹h h×ÖºÑdÊ‹Ë!\k ‘"$Ž…18p1‚mNI¬äñ-#¡®E‹Dfv7KþGäÃn=lk-a±θnÿ˜-Þ‰á’R_±Ë&…ëµ4 >5ÑŸ]êª.úviSNº~tíýš…‡ö

and its almost on every page i go to,when i refrsh it it sometimes take 2 or 3 times of refresh to get the page to come up normal!!!

Um, yeah... looks great to me. What's the problem? :mrgreen:

That's really weird. Judging from first post I thought IE might just be displaying the underlying HTML source code of pages (instead of the proper graphical interpretation of that code), but that's not it- it looks like you've got some sort of character-encoding issue going on instead.

- Has this been happening ever since you reformatted/reinstalled, or did IE work correctly for a while before starting to do this?

- Have you tried to reinstall/repair IE yet?

Any info you can think of that might give us more clues would help.

it was doing it before i redid the Pc,i use a wireless network to get on line with this Pc,,ive used the repair option,,but it still does this,,when i first went to the wireless network,,it worked fine,,lol,,,then it went to the problem im having now,,so i reformated!! :confused: seem like it could be a problem in the network,,,now that i think about it,,any help would be great!

Just to narrow things down:

1. Hook the PC up to a wired network (if you have an Ethernet NIC) and see if the problem still exists.

2. Download, install, and run a browser other than IE; see if the problem occurs with that browser (again- on a wired connection as well as a wireless if possible):

Netscape:

Opera:

FireFox:

ok here we go,,lol i put in my PCI Ethernet card on this Pc,,,hooked it all up to my cable,,started IE,,and still the same thing,,,,,so i took it back out,,hooked my wireless network back up,,and still the same problem. So,,i downloaded firefox browser,,and its working fine,lol so i take it its in IE . So what im thinking is it has to do with Java Script,,but now im lost,lol im going to try to reinstall IE and Java!!

OK, do that- repair/reinstall the components and let us know what happens.

This has got me STUMPED,lol its still doing itim about to take this PC at toss it out the window,,lol

Im still having problems, with that codeing or what ever it is,not as bad,,the web pages are not all loading,,sometimes the backgrounds are not inplace,,and the content is all mixed up as well,,and things dont show up!

Did you try one of the other browsers I linked to? If so, does it exhibit the same sort of problem?

i tryed netscape,and Opera,,the would not install,,firefox worked and had no problems,! im just going to try to format again and see if i can get it to work,,if not i have XP coming ,and will put it in,,WINDOWS 98 stinks,,lol

Not sure what was up with the Netscape and Opera installs, but since Firefox works, I'd guess your IE install got corrupted somehow. If a fresh reinstall is no big deal at this point, go for it; at least you'll know you're starting with a clean slate...

Well folks,,i solved my Problem,lol ITS NOW FIXED,,,wanna know how,,it will cost ya $39.95,lol Just messin with yas,,,I got rid of windows 98,,and put in XP

If you really wanted to solve your problem, you would have put Linux on the box. :mrgreen:

If you really wanted to solve your problem, you would have put Linux on the box. :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.