hey, i get a lot of photos from animewallpaper.com and now when i save the only option is the bitmap/bmp format which is too large. how can i restore the default setting to jpeg or gif. when i try to save now, it is not even an option(jpeg/gif).

Contributors
Replies
Views
13 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Catweazle

This is due to your Internet Explorer being corrupt. :( Try doing a repair. Otherwise, use an alternative browser such as Mozilla in the meantime.

All you should need to do is empty the Internet cache - that's the only thing likely to be corrupted.

Tools -> Internet Options -> General

Then press the 'delete files' button.

That'll clear out the excessive amount of files in there, which are confusing the issue and causing the problem. Try it - it works!

i tried the clean out thing with no luck. i always use tracks eraser which gets it anyhow. i have an external wireless firewall that is encrypted. software firewall and AV. i use spyware blaster and spybot S&D. so i'm not sure if it is corrupted...

Reinstall Internet Explorer then.

I have NEVER found an instance where this regular and common problem couldn't be fixed by clearing the Internet cache. I would also advise avoiding the use of gimmicky utilities. Regular use of the inbuilt maintenance tools is always the best policy to follow.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.