Hi, recently my laptop has been getting a blue screen error, it's only happened a few times but I don't like it happening at all. The error says it has something wrong with either new hardware or software. Although it's not new I think it has something to do with my disk drive.
The screen also has a count to 100 for a dump of physical memory. Once it's completed I restart it and once I get back into windows I get a pop up from windows that says it has recovered from a serious error and that I can send an error repot, which I usually do.
I'm not sure what to do about this. Please help!

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

the blue screen error # make not of it and post it back here .also go to start /run and put this , eventvwr.msc ,in and check for error in system

the blue screen error # make not of it and post it back here .also go to start /run and put this , eventvwr.msc ,in and check for error in system

Thanks, how will I know what an error will look like?

Oh, I see, going through it I can find some errors in Application. Mostly from crypt32 & Application Hang and theres a few warnings from Userenv, MsiInstaller, WinMgmt.
There is also some errors in System.
What do I do now?

Oh, I see, going through it I can find some errors in Application. Mostly from crypt32 & Application Hang and theres a few warnings from Userenv, MsiInstaller, WinMgmt.
There is also some errors in System.
What do I do now?

in event viewer it gives dates/time of error go to one that is close to the last time you have blue screen error [also next time you get error write down the 00000000xx [312823000xc ] something like that ] double click on the error , then click on the blue gomicrosoft.com link and then click yes .and you will then see the details of the error if its the bsod error you should see the 0xxxxxxx0x numbers there if so post the number back here

This time I opened the laptop after it was hibernating and tried to access the internet, but got interrupted by anothe blue screen (a different one from last time).
It said it was cause by file: ati2dvag
and the error number was:
***STOP: 0x000000EA (0x83F2EB00, 0x84DF1EC0, 0xF790BCB4, 0x00000001)

It also said the device driver was stuck in an infinite loop this time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.