I am having troubles trying to connect an notebook (with XP Pro) to a personal wireless network. I know there is no hardware problems as the notebook has connected to other wireless networks before and the wireless network works on another notebook using vista. The problem notebook detects my wireless network and when I try to connect I get an error message, "Windows was unable to connect to the selected network. The network may no longer be in range. Please refresh the list of available networks, and try to connect again." I am in range, but I cannot connect, I am trying to use the same setting from the vista notebook which works but am not getting anywhere. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You can try this...
If you double click on your network connections icon in the tasbar notification area.. Then when on the general tab click on the properties button.. Then click on the wireless networks tab...

Here you can see what networks are registered on your computer. If there are a few.. try deleting all of them, pressing ok .. Exit..then try to connect to the nearest wireless network again.

Are you uo to date with patches?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.