I solved the problem of accessing my Adminstrative tools but I still cannot update and install programs. When I tried to register the msxml3r.dll and the 4 and 4r and 6 and 6r It comes up with "The module msxml3r.dll was loaded but the entry point DllRegisterServer was not found. Make sure that "msxml3r.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and the try again I already have access to those file I am fresh out of ideas.

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

It seems your DLL is corrupt!
You need to replace it

It seems your DLL is corrupt!
You need to replace it

Which DLL files need to be replaced?

According to your response, it seems msxml3r.dll is corrupt and some of modules that are in in that dll are corrupt! by the way, have you googled and know what that DLL does?

According to your response, it seems msxml3r.dll is corrupt and some of modules that are in in that dll are corrupt! by the way, have you googled and know what that DLL does?

Yes and I know the basics of it I may go to safe mode and delete them then try to use the sytem repair to pull the files off the system recovery disk is that a plan?

System Restore is the best option when you face such snags. Instead of tottally delete cut it and paste it somewhere. As per Caper Jack, if it is spyware, after delete system will complain that because it have registry entry of the file. Just in that case use revouninstaller's startup utility to delete the registry entry (Or Do it manually if you can) and reboot the machine.

NOTE: BEFORE THAT MAKE BACKUP OF REGISTRY USING EITHER ERRUNT OR ANY BACKUP UTILITY!!!

commented: Your info was very helpful because now I know more +1

System Restore is the best option when you face such snags. Instead of tottally delete cut it and paste it somewhere. As per Caper Jack, if it is spyware, after delete system will complain that because it have registry entry of the file. Just in that case use revouninstaller's startup utility to delete the registry entry (Or Do it manually if you can) and reboot the machine.

NOTE: BEFORE THAT MAKE BACKUP OF REGISTRY USING EITHER ERRUNT OR ANY BACKUP UTILITY!!!

Well I deleted msxml3r.dll, and msxml4r.dll. Good news is that I did not get a run dll error when I rebooted but bad news I tried to install some big programs like Norton and Adobe and those start to run then they stall at the end point. The odd thing is I noticed "SOME" windows updates installed when I got rid of the other updates to make sure that they were not corrupt so now I am a bit confused.

Well I deleted msxml3r.dll, and msxml4r.dll. Good news is that I did not get a run dll error when I rebooted but bad news I tried to install some big programs like Norton and Adobe and those start to run then they stall at the end point. The odd thing is I noticed "SOME" windows updates installed when I got rid of the other updates to make sure that they were not corrupt so now I am a bit confused.

On another note I did run spyhunter to no avail, it didn't find anything because thier was msxml6r.dll that I could not find through regedit nor delete but still shows up in the system32 folder.

go to run in start! and type in sfc /scannow. to fix and replace missing windows files ,you will need the winxp cd in the drive to replace files , if any are missing

commented: I have learned, thank you +1

go to run in start! and type in sfc /scannow. to fix and replace missing windows files ,you will need the winxp cd in the drive to replace files , if any are missing

Well will the equivalent of th Winxp cd be the system recovery disk, because I have a Toshiba laptop with WinVista.

Well will the equivalent of th Winxp cd be the system recovery disk, because I have a Toshiba laptop with WinVista.

sorry forgot i was in vista forum ,not sure if the recovery disk will do you could try it i guess .
I don't really thing it will fix you missing dll's anyway

I ended up tampering with the registry too much and errors started to fly through the system so I ended up reinstalling the OS. But I thank the ones that responeded to my post and for future reference everyone should make sure to:

1.) Always create a system restore point

2.) Whenever cleaning the registry always make a backup

3.) Try to learn about DLL files and the funtion of each one.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.