Hey everyone, I'm new to this board.

I signed up for cable internet and set up the modem, but I've been having a problem connecting to it and the wireless router. I connected the modem through the ethernet cable directly to my computer and it says I'm connected to the internet but it's "local only", so I can't get on the internet at this point. I can't even begin to deal with the router if I'm not able to get on with just the modem. What is going on and what can I do? Thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What I would do, is power down your PC and unplug the power to your modem then wait about 30secs. Plug in your modem and then wait about 30 more secs, then boot your PC and see what happens.

first welcome to daniweb! if you can go to Start/Run and type cmd and Return...in the black screen type ipconfig /all and post the results here...

Also can right click the adapter and then disable it. Let some time pass, then enable it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.