When I turn this Laptop on it lights up and you can hear various noises inside coming from the area where the hard drive is situated along with the fan trying but does not actually start, and the CD rom spinning aswell. After these noises the unit switches off and trie's again this is a continuous cycle and keeps going till you hold the power button down to turn the machine off. Any Idea's out there please.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Can you get to any boot screens? If you put in your vista disk, can you boot from the cd?

have you tried taking battery out and using just A/C power?

Sounds like CPU may be overheating. Can you get through POST?

Can you get to any boot screens? If you put in your vista disk, can you boot from the cd?

Hi, cant boot from cd rom either. Don't get any boot screen ay all. Tried pluging a external screen aswell but still nothing.

have you tried taking battery out and using just A/C power?

Tried that and that didn't work either.

Sounds like CPU may be overheating. Can you get through POST?

Can't even get to post in the first place :-(

Can't even get to post in the first place :-(

Hi, i got the same problem, im running vista home. Mine would not shut down so had to hold down the button to turn it off, and now it won't even boot up. I have tried to format and also safe mode and still no luck. I have been told by a few ppl i know it could be the actual hard drive.

Mine is still under warrenty but have to get my friend to sort it as i brought it off him brand new still in it's packaging.
Have u sorted ur problem out? if so plz let me know.

Hi, i got the same problem, im running vista home. Mine would not shut down so had to hold down the button to turn it off, and now it won't even boot up. I have tried to format and also safe mode and still no luck. I have been told by a few ppl i know it could be the actual hard drive.

Mine is still under warrenty but have to get my friend to sort it as i brought it off him brand new still in it's packaging.
Have u sorted ur problem out? if so plz let me know.

Hi, I have spoken to the manufacture's and they say it may be the video card but they need it back to test it out. trouble is they will charge a minimum of £100 just to look at it and then any parts would be extra. I'm not convinced it is the video card myself but anyway it sounds like an expensive repair and to me if your gonna spend that much money you may aswell buy a new one. If you sort yours by replacing the HDD let me know as that can be fixed quite easily.

I have spoken to a few ppl and they do think it is the hard drive. Hopefully mine wil get looked at in the next few day's as it is still under warrenty and i dare notlet anyone look at it at this point, but soon as as it has been looked at and know what the out come is i will let u know no problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.