Hi Have Dell Inspiron 1525 with Vista home premium. When I turn laptop on it immediately starts with Start up repair.Then when that is finished I get the blue/green screen with the message :configuring udates stage 1 of 3;.It gets to 2 of 3 then shuts down, restarts and repeats the same procedure over and over Has done this for 24 hours. CAN ANYONE HELP!!.Many Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I had similar issues with a Dell. Boot from the Vista disk and use System restore to just before it tried to update. Once you get it running go to Dell's site and download/install the latest drivers for your Inspiron. Windows Update should be fine after that.

I had similar issues with a Dell. Boot from the Vista disk and use System restore to just before it tried to update. Once you get it running go to Dell's site and download/install the latest drivers for your Inspiron. Windows Update should be fine after that.

Hi Did what you suggested and when I got going Dell sent new drivers. All is well again. Many Many thanks!!!!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.