sparkleslike 0 Newbie Poster

Windows XP operating system. I have a Palm 700WX (Treo) smart phone. Verizon sent me a replacement phone due to phone problems. Prior to this I was using ActiveSync 4.5 with the old phone to synchronize my outlook email, calendar, contacts, etc with my phone. After I activated the new phone (same model) I went to Activesync and deleted the partnership from the old phone. Then I connected the phone via USB to the computer. Activesync came up, but it won't allow me to create a new partnership. It automatically logs me as a guest. The wizard is supposed to come up the first time you connect the phone to the computer. It doesn't. I uninstalled ActiveSync and reinstalled it twice. I rebooted the computer in between each uninstall and reinstall. I also did a soft reset on my phone. No luck. I am not able to find an answer when I google on the web. It seems that I am not the only one with the same problem, but no one seems to have the answers. I am computer savvy, but not a programmer. HELP!!!