Hey all. Just want to know wether or not it is possible to extract sounds from a windows executable (.exe)? If so how do i do it? The reason i ask is because i have a cool little game with mad sounds and i would really like to put some on my cell!

cheers

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hey all. Just want to know wether or not it is possible to extract sounds from a windows executable (.exe)? If so how do i do it? The reason i ask is because i have a cool little game with mad sounds and i would really like to put some on my cell!

cheers

Install the game,go to its install folder and you should see a folder called sounds or sound files ,if you will be able to transfer them to your cel is another ?

no this game is just an .exe

no /dir/sounds

i wish it was that easy! probably ill just have to record the song with the phone, then chuck it as a tone! Is there no other way, becuase recording loses a lot of quality!

You might be able to do a loopback...

Pluging a cable from speaker out to input in then running the EXE in one Windows and a recording program in another.

Note: Some cards can not do this... You will get a sound card in use by another program...

I seem to remember a program that would let you record almost anything ...
It might have been Total Recorder...

sounds good, ill give it a try!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.