not sure if this is the right area, ive made topics before on here but dont remember where i put them...

Okay so i have a netgear mr814 wireless router, i can plug into it and it will work fine but when its not plugged in i dont even get it to show up in my wirekess networks, its not my wireless connector that is bad because i haave connected to other networks fine. it has happened before but all i had to do was go into the settings, before it was set to europe as the counrty so that fixed it, im not sure what to do... please help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Do you have SSID broadcast enabled? And if the SSID is left default, you will have issue with not seeing your network.. change that so that you know it's your wireless first.
Make sure SSID is unique name. default is "netgear" and most people do not change it, but you need to.

not sure if this is the right area, ive made topics before on here but dont remember where i put them...

Okay so i have a netgear mr814 wireless router, i can plug into it and it will work fine but when its not plugged in i dont even get it to show up in my wirekess networks, its not my wireless connector that is bad because i haave connected to other networks fine. it has happened before but all i had to do was go into the settings, before it was set to europe as the counrty so that fixed it, im not sure what to do... please help

when i have problems like that with mine i just un-plug it from power source for a few minutes,plug it back in and it starts showing up again .

the ssid was unique, i cant do anything right now cause that was at my vacation house so i wont be back untill next weekend ill try the unplug method then, i unplugged for like 10 seconds but ill try a couple minutes nexttime

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.