Hey, my parents got me a Memorex MMP8500 MP3 Player for Christmas, but its only supported for Win ME,2000, and XP. I have 98se, hence my problem. Is there anyway I can get it to work still or will I have to return the MP3 player ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Chris Mitchell

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hey, my parents got me a Memorex MMP8500 MP3 Player for Christmas, but its only supported for Win ME,2000, and XP. I have 98se, hence my problem. Is there anyway I can get it to work still or will I have to return the MP3 player ? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Chris Mitchell

sorry man your out of luck.

sorry man your out of luck.

I figured so, thanks anyway. Ive been waiting for an MP3 Player for awhile so I was just checking before losing all hope.

I figured so, thanks anyway. Ive been waiting for an MP3 Player for awhile so I was just checking before losing all hope.

is that the only PC you have? We might be able to work something out, but you have your PM blocked

Chris Mitchell

Don't know why it wouldn't work with win98 if it will work on win ME it should work on 98 have you loaded the drivers and software that came with it on you computer yet .if it asks what OS you have just say win ME or win 2000

I tried the same with an ipon and a dell dj20, neither would work on a windows 98se, even with driver's and it doesnt ask you. Its trys to auto config. Im sure the two are very similar, but different company's. If it works your lucky.

It is the only PC I have. I didnt try loading it cause on the back of the package it gave the list of supported OS's and win98 wasnt on there and I dont wanna open it and then be stuck with a store credit rather then my $90. I might try it though.

It is the only PC I have. I didnt try loading it cause on the back of the package it gave the list of supported OS's and win98 wasnt on there and I dont wanna open it and then be stuck with a store credit rather then my $90. I might try it though.

If it don't work just het a copy of win me and upgrade the win98

Last Night I said "fudge it" and just decided to open it and see, and in the booklet it said It supported 98se, and it did, and it works. I feel stupid for not trying it before I assumed it worked, I just dont know why it didnt list it on the box as being supported. oh well. thanks for the help anyway guys.

lol, good man.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.