can anyone help me? I formatted a laptop with a german window OS window Xp and after installing window XP professional the LAN and WLAN do not function again. I tried to download the driver but it did not work . I would appreciate if someone could assist me.
I have been on it for the past 2days:( :(
Thank you in advance.
Damson

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

What kind of pc is it, and from where did you try to install the drivers? It is always better to go to the manufacturers website, and download and install the updated drivers from them.

IBM Laptop Thinkpad T40, Model 2373, Type 82G
I did not have the original CD that came with the laptop. I installed window Xp Professional Edition and LAN and WLAN did not function anymore.
Thanks.
Damson

What kind of pc is it, and from where did you try to install the drivers? It is always better to go to the manufacturers website, and download and install the updated drivers from them.

I download from Lenovo website and installed but it did not work. But the Audio driver which I downloaded work fine.But The LAN and WLAN are the problem.
Thank you.
Damson

use the lenovo/ibm auto-installer (google for ThinkVantage System Update 3.14)

it will automatically detect which drivers you need and will allow you to download and install em

You need to install the .NET 2.0 framework first (get it from the MS website)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.