Hie all,

My computer boots into blue screen after re-installing it with windows xp professional sp2. The machine is a proline machine and the CD I used is the DELL reinstallation Cd.

I tried pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL to view windows manager but this has not worked.

Can somebody help me out?

Regards,
George.

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Mohanned

Proline?

The reason it wont work is because Dell cd's only work on Dell machines.

just for the record ,i have a dell recovery cd ,for a dell 3400 or something like that [made a backup copy from a customers of mine ],i have used it to load winxp home on a clone computer I built ,the winxp key i used was from a old IBM laptop i had kicking around ,the person i sold the clone to is still using the computer ,no reported problems yet .

Votes + Comments
piracy = bad

yes, i know it may work but the reason it most likely bluescrened is that the dell cd will have installed the dell motherboard/chipset drivers, which will not be compatible with the proline machine and crash it.

just for the record ,i have a dell recovery cd ,for a dell 3400 or something like that [made a backup copy from a customers of mine ],i have used it to load winxp home on a clone computer I built ,the winxp key i used was from a old IBM laptop i had kicking around ,the person i sold the clone to is still using the computer ,no reported problems yet .

And im pretty sure that constitutes software piracy, so tread carefully.

yes, i know it may work but the reason it most likely bluescrened is that the dell cd will have installed the dell motherboard/chipset drivers, which will not be compatible with the proline machine and crash it.

i don't think in my case there are 2 dell disk ,one has the drivers

And im pretty sure that constitutes software piracy, so tread carefully.

maybe ,but i bought the laptop and the OS so its mine to use in my opinion.maybe not Bills .

it is piracy if the version installed on the laptop was an OEM copy (most likely) and therefore tied to the hardware.

it is piracy if the version installed on the laptop was an OEM copy (most likely) and therefore tied to the hardware.

i guess im a pirate then

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.